Sunday, June 3, 2012

Bringing It Forward: Asian Waldorf Salad

Asian Waldorf Salad





Asian Waldorf Salad

Mix up in bowl; 1 chopped apple, 2 stalks celery; chopped, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, sprinkle of grapes or raisins (I did grapes), add a little lemon juice so apples don't turn brown, and some chopped lettuce (the kind you like).

Nomi Shannon Asian Sauce/Dressing

4 T. Tamari or Nama Shoyu
1 T. grated ginger or 1/2 T. ginger powder
1 T. honey or more if you like it sweeter
pinch of each: cayenne pepper, ground cumin, and chinese 5-spice

Whisk all together and pour over salad. I let it sit in the frig. for about 15 mins. to blend the flavors together!.....enjoy!


I am linking back to the fun here:  http://easynaturalfood.com/2012/06/02/summer-salad-sundays-632012/ 

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's quick and easy! Thank you, Melodie! :)

      Delete
  2. I love Waldorf salad so this looks like another must try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy it, Leigh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a salad, and I love the dressing! I'm definitely going to have to try this one. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe with Summer Salad Sundays! I'll be hosting every week through summer so I'd love to see you again with your next salad recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie! Some of your recipes look great too! I'll see what else I have....love this idea! :)

      Delete