Monday, January 2, 2012

Cheesy Potato Soup....Anyone!!

This recipe comes from Betty Crocker: Slow Cooker Cheesy Potato Soup

The link is here. I didn't use my slower cooker, I just through everything in a pot and heated it up! Worked like a charm.....Mmmmm!


1 bag (32 oz) frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
1/2 cup frozen chopped onion (from 12-oz bag), thawed
1 medium stalk celery, diced (1/2 cup)
1 carton (32-oz) Progresso chicken broth
1 cup water
3 tablespoons Gold Medal all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 bag (8 oz) shredded American-Cheddar cheese blend (2 cups)
1/4 cup real bacon pieces (from 2.8-oz package)
4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)

In 3 to 4 qt. slow cooker, mix potatoes, onion, celery, broth, and water.
Cover, cook on low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
In small bowl, mix flour into milk, stir into potato mixture. Increase heat setting to high. Cover, cook 20 to 30 mins. or till mixture thickens. Stir in cheese until melted. Garnish individual servings with bacon and green onions. Sprinkle with pepper, if desired.

**Pam's notes: I used coconut flour for the flour, coconut milk for the milk, and Galaxy Veggie cheese shreds for the cheese, and I added some Tabasco sauce.**

Enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. Teresa, I added your comment back onto this post, as I was having trouble on the other one..ugh! ;)
    (Teresa)
    Sounds yummy. Of course I'd prefer goat milk and leave out the bacon, but it sounds yummy otherwise. :-) A perfect soup for a cold windy day.
    -----------------------------

    Goat's milk would be perfect and I didn't add the bacon either. It's simple and yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! We eat potato soup a lot here in the winter and I love any recipe I can do in the crock pot! I was cooking with coconut flour today,some cookies and bread.Good stuff that coconut flour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melodie, I love using coconut flour! So many fun things to make! Hope you do a post of the cookies and bread you made! Mmmm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss cheese potato soup, too many carbs. looks great thought..:-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for the recipe. I made it last night and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Ed....so sorry! Maybe you could find a low carb version! I hope so! Thank you! :)

    Kenleigh, Your so welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed it! Appreciate you letting me know! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete