Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Averie's Banana Oat Cake with Peanut Butter

Happy July to ya all and I hope you had a great 4th! Here is a quick, simple, and easy snack. The recipe comes from Averie....thank you girl! Her blog is here. The recipe goes like this...

Microwave Banana Oat Cakes

(Vegan & GF)
1/2 Banana, mashed
3 Tbsp Dry Whole Rolled Oats
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar (omit or reduce, use white sugar, or use stevia, if desired) (I use one packet of stevia)
1 Tsp Cinnamon (or use pumpkin pie spice)

Optional: 1/2 Tbsp Chia Seeds (or use ground flax, or omit)
Optional: 1 Tbsp Dried Coconut Flakes
Optional: 1 Tbsp Cocoa Powder for Chocolate Banana Oat Cakes

Yields 1 oat cake but you can double the above recipe and microwave half the mixture in one bowl, half the mixture in another bowl, for 2 oat cakes

Mash Banana, Combine & Stir All Ingredients

Spray down a clean bowl or dish with cooking spray or nonstick spray.

Transfer the mixture into the sprayed bowl and microwave for 90 seconds.

Remove from the microwave and just wait a minute or two for it to cool and firm up a bit.
And then, it will pop right out.

I smeared peanut butter on mine like Averie did....yum yum!!!

Happy Tuesday! Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. OK, here I am, concentrating on the recipe, glancing up at the photo, when lo and behold, I realize that I have those exact same dishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just sitting here thinking I need a snack and I have everything to make these! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete