Sunday, June 5, 2011

HG's Waffle 'wich

Happy Sunday to you all! The sun is partially out and it is HOT! My favorite weather is 70's, light breeze, and with the sun out, guess we can't always have the perfect weather all the time or we would get spoiled....you ask what's wrong with that...lol! (or at least I do...ha!)

For lunch today I made us another one of Hungry Girl's recipes from here. Just scroll down it was the last one. Grilled Ham and Cheese Waffle 'wich!


2 low-fat waffles, thawed from frozen (we used gluten-free)
1 oz. sliced 97 - 98% fat-free ham (about 2 slices) (we had turkey breast)
1 slice fat-free American cheese (we used Galaxy veggie cheese)
1/2 tbsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel and Brown), room temperature (this I just put on Cliff's sammie)

I just made the 'wich's up and put them on our George Foreman's grill and used it like a panini maker...so easy. I added to my 'wich...lol!: baby spinach, black olives, tomato, and spicy brown mustard....delish!


The tea towel being used as the backdrop came officially from Ireland! My mom and dad went years ago, and I decided it was high time to pull it out and get some beautiful use out of it! Love it!

Well enjoy the rest of your Sunday! Hugs!

9 comments:

  1. That does look like a great idea. I'd have never thought of using the waffles to make a sandwich. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had seen waffles used before like this, but now I can say we have eaten them too....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my that looks tasty, leave the ham off one and send it through the computer! Yummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum. That's an excellent idea. Love the tea towel too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Texan...okay...hams off....lol!...and it's on it's way....ha ha!

    @ Leigh....Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy!

    I love your tablecloth from Ireland..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you RMW! Happy that you stopped by! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It must be lunch time this post has made me suddenly feel hungry. Thankyou so much for your recent comment over on BW, it was lovely to see your name pop up, I miss you on FB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for being so sweet Linda! Your photo's are always so enchanting and beautiful! Just needed some R&R from FB. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete