Friday, February 25, 2011

Deviled Egg Container!

I decided that the deviled egg container needed to find another purpose if it was to keep residing in our residence, so it holds Protein Balls very nicely.

Raw Protein Balls


2 tablespoons of almond butter or organic natural peanut butter (no salt or sugar added) (I used 1/4 cup)

2 tablespoons of agave nectar (I used 1/4 cup)

1/2 cup of naturally flavoured vanilla protein powder sweetened with a natural sweetener. (Sun Warrior) (I used 1 cup)

2 tablespoons of organic shredded coconut (I used 1/4 cup)

You can also add 1 tablespoon of slivered almonds and 1 tbsp of raisins (I omitted the almonds and added 2 T. raisins)

*I also, added 3 medjool dates, 1 packet of stevia, and another 1/4 cup agave.....*I wanted to make this a bigger batch)

Mix all the ingredients well. (I used my Food Processor)

The balls should fit in the center of the palm of your hand

Put them into the fridge so they can set

Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Well I am so making these! What a handy snack these babies will make! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Texan, they are GOOOOD! and easy to make! You could switch up the flavors, if you played with it a bit! Thank you and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what this would be like if you added Cacao Powder? I am such the cacao-a-holic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Spacey Tracey! So happy to see you here! and yes, you could use choccie and it would be great! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, now that is a good way to Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!!
    Your raw cookie balls look sooo good.
    Peace and Raw Health,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Elizabeth, appreciate you stopping by! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Way to re-purpose that container. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. He he Free One...love that! Thank you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a great idea! I might just have to pick myself up a deviled egg container!

    ReplyDelete
  10. just found you blog and those protein ball pics made me drool!! I have ever had a deviled egg container but now maybe I will get one!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pam! This recipe looks great, and what a great use for the container:)

    ReplyDelete