Thursday, January 20, 2011

Corn Muffins and CSN Product Review Coming Soon

First up, I am really excited that Caitlin @ CSN Stores contacted me and I will be doing a product review for you all soon. As many of you may know CSN Stores carry everything from modern dining room furniture to fitness equipment, cooking, and they have 200+ online stores....mighty fine too!

Now onto the recipe! Haven't posted one in a while and these muffins were really good and healthy. Of course, I changed the recipe up a bit.

Corn Muffins


The recipe was on a Dannon Light & Fit yogurt container.


    • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
    • 1 cup all-purpose flour
    • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
    • 1 teaspoon baking powder
    • 1 teaspoon baking soda
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 1/4 cups Dannon light & fit nonfat vanilla yogurt or 1 1/4 cups non-fat strawberry yogurt
    • 1/4 cup canola oil (I used applesauce instead)


  1. Preheat the oven to 375°F; lightly grease or line 12 2-inch muffin tins.
  2. In a bowl whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl whisk together eggs, yogurt, and oil (applesauce); add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and stir until batter is combined. ***(Peeps, I just through this all in a bowl and combined)
  3. Divide batter among the muffin tins, and bake on middle rack for 20 minutes or until tester comes out clean. ***(Since using applesauce, baking time would be 15-18 mins.....till tester comes out clean.)
  4. Let muffins cool in the tins on a rack for 3 minutes, turn them out on to the rack and let cool completely. Muffins may be made 1 day in advance and kept in an airtight container. ****(These muffins were better the second day)
Yum! Yum! Enjoy your Thursday! Happy Friday is just around the corner! Huggies!

7 comments:

  1. They look delicious Pam! I'm really disappointed I don't have any cornmeal at the moment. Definitely going on my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love corn anything, well I did when I could still eat corn lol... after finding out I was allergic sighhhh had to give it up... realllly miss it! These do look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look good. I almost made corn bread last night, now I really wish I had.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh these look great Pam! Love your new blog and all the photos :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Tracy, Thank you and I hope you have bought some cornmeal to try these. Have a great weekend!

    Thanks Texan, sorry you can't eat corn, but we don't eat that much of it either!

    @ Teresa, Have you made that corn bread yet?..he he! Hope you are feeling better!

    Hi Maggie, long time know hear from..he he! Glad you stopped by and thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe sounds excellent. Must try, especially with your substitution of apple sauce. Also, I'm thinking I can use may homemade yogurt, though I may need to add a bit more sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Leigh, all your homemade products sound so yummy! Yes, with using the yogurt, I would add more sweetener, but they would be GREAT! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete