Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The How-To's Of A Stove Top Espresso Maker

I have finally experienced a Stove Top Espresso Coffee maker! I love trying new things out and especially when they do turn out. Hubby and I went to Goodwill yesterday and found this little gem for $3.00 and it was hardly used. You can usually pick up some very nice things at those stores, heck my sister is a Goodwill Queen I think.....I will always ask her "where did you get that" and her reply...Goodwill...lol! The brand was Laroma Supreme....so here is a pictorial of what I did to make a great cup of espresso.

This is the finished product I am enjoying in my favorite goat mug! I added a 1/4 cup eggnog and a packet of stevia.

Add your cold water just to the steam vent. (Chefs say that cold water heats up faster than hot water....weird, but true) Place your filter funnel into the water basin.

Here's the good stuff now.....whatever kind of finely ground espresso you would like place it in the filter, but don't press it in.

Now put your two pieces back together...the water basin and coffee pot and place on the stove. We have an electric stove, so I turned the burner onto 4.5.

And within a couple of mins....fresh espresso! Pour and Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I have come over to your new blog Pam, great idea to expand! Great you found your self a bigletti pot. I have an idea to post something similar on my blog, not till next year though .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to sign up as your first follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictorial. I always wanted to try a stove top espresso pot but never had a chance. This sounds really easy. Maybe I'll put that on my Christmas wish list. ;) Congratulations on your new blog, it's lovely. Thank you for visiting mine and leaving a comment. Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete